What We Do
The work we do falls under the following four broad headings:
- Research and evidence – collecting information on the state of archive services in Scotland, and evidence of good practice;
- Advocacy – making the case to funding bodies, including the Scottish Government, for continued investment in archive services in Scotland;
- Marketing – promoting to visitors the opportunities for research and learning offered by Scottish archives;
- Development – providing training, skills sharing and development opportunities to those working in Scottish archives.
For further information about our current projects and activities, visit the Projects area or the SCA blog.
- SCA Corporate and Business Plan 2011-201430 June 2011PDF 1.69 Mb
- Minutes of the SCA Council Meeting, held at the University of Glasgow Library on 6 October 2011.03 February 2012DOC 148 Kb
- Minutes of the SCA Council Meeting, held at General Register House in Edinburgh on 3 March 2011.25 October 2011DOC 64 Kb
- SCA Council Meeting Minutes, 5 October 2010.09 December 2010DOC 44 Kb
- The Annual Report documents the SCA's activities and progress in meeting organisational objectives throughout 2009/2010.28 October 2010PDF 772 Kb
- A report entitled 'An Archival Account of Scotland: Public and Private Sector Archive Services in Scotland; Funding Opportunities and Development Needs'. Published in 2000, the report assessed the state of archival provision in Scotland.03 November 2009PDF 969 Kb