Partnership Working: ALMA-UK
ALMA-UK is a voluntary cross-nation partnership, dedicated to enhancing the public value of archives, libraries and museums UK wide.
It is the only group that gathers the principal strategic bodies for archives, libraries and museums across all four home nations of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales, in equal partnership and voice.
The Alliance provides a neutral forum for member organisations to exchange sector intelligence and experience and to add value to their strategic practice through cross-nation collaboration. The group supports and supplements day-to-day contact between the member organisations by providing a central hub for all eight bodies to:
- identify areas of joint responsibility, interest and future development;
- share information and evidence and cross-fertilise ideas;
- identify and mitigate common risks; and
- generate added value by pooling resources.
The Scottish Council on Archives is one of eight member organisations that make up ALMA-UK. Our fellow members include:
- Museums, Libraries and Archives Council (MLA)
- Northern Ireland Library Authority (Libraries NI)
- Public Record Office of Northern Ireland (PRONI)
- Northern Ireland Museums Council (NIMC)
- Museums Galleries Scotland (MGS)
- Scottish Library and Information Council (SLIC)
- CyMAL: Museums Archives and Libraries Wales (CyMAL)
For more information, please go to www.almauk.org