What we do
What We Do
The work we do falls under the following four broad headings:
- Research and evidence – collecting information on the state of archive services in Scotland, and evidence of good practice;
- Advocacy – making the case to funding bodies, including the Scottish Government, for continued investment in archive services in Scotland;
- Marketing – promoting to visitors the opportunities for research and learning offered by Scottish archives;
- Development – providing training, skills sharing and development opportunities to those working in Scottish archives.
This year we are employing consultants to deliver a series of scoping projects, including:
- Extending electronic catalogues online to include item level descriptions;
- Developing a quality framework/self-assessment template for archive services in Scotland;
- Exploring the concept of a national sound archive for Scotland.
Other activities for 2009-10 will include the publication of a brochure entitled “Archives Matters” to promote the importance of archive services to Scotland, and a small grants scheme to be announced shortly.